- Arts Stream
- Assamese Department
- Bengali Department
- Bodo Department
- Nepali Department
- Pol. Science Department
- English Department
- Philosophy Department
- Hindi Department
- History Department
- Geography Department
- Education Department
- Economics Department
- Mathematics Department
- Science Stream
- Commerce Stream
- Arts Stream
Department of Political Science
Name : BABY PAUL
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department: Political Science
Date of Joining: 16-03-2017
Academic Qualification :
M.A. in Political Science from University of Delhi in 2011
M.Phil from University of Delhi in African Studies Department in 2013
Area of Specialization : Human Rights
Qualified SLET conducted by UGC/CSIR. 2014
Courses Taught :
- Non CBCS : B.A. Major
- CBCS : B.A. Honours
- Participated in Orientation Programme from 26th June to 24th July, 2020 from TLC, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi and obtained grade A+
Aactivities of Academic Excellence:
- Worked as Assistant Professor in the Deptt. of Political Science, ADP College Nagaon since 2014-2017.
Seminars & Workshops (With Paper):
- Presented a paper on “Gender equality: socio-economic impact on gender development” in a UGC sponsored National seminar “Gender in Different cultural and national contexts: local and global Impact on its role” organized by Nowgong College, 2015.
- Presented a paper on “Civil society in transforming conflict and building peace” in a UGC sponsored National seminar “Role of civil society in maintaining socio-cultural harmony in the state of Assam” organized by Pandu College, 2013.
- Presented a paper on “The plight of refugees: a comparison between Somalis and Tibetans in India” in National Conference “Rising Africa: opportunities and challenges for India” organized by University of Delhi, 2013.
- Presented a paper on “Assam after independence: the quest for identity politics, a historical study” in UGC sponsored National seminar “Assam after independence: a historical study” organized by Nowgong Girls’ College, 2014.
- Presented a paper on “A study on the working of national Human rights Commission with special reference to ASHRC” in UGC sponsored National workshop “Human rights and education’ organized by ADP college, Nagaon, 2016.
- Presented a paper on “A study on the changing status of women in society” in ICSSR sponsored National Seminar “Shielding women from violence and search for newer avenues” organized by T.H.B College, 2019 on 2nd and 3rd March.
- Presented a paper on “Witch hunting and violation of women’s human rightsin the name of superstitions” in National Seminar “Human rights and Global challenges” organized by Guwahati College, 2017 on 20 and 21 May.
Seminars & Workshops (Without Paper):
- Participated in a National Conference on “Africa Renaissance: from movement, Democracy to Development” 24th-25th January, 2012 organized by University of Delhi.
- “The Plight of Refugees: A Comparision between Somali Refugees in Kenya and Tibetan Refugees in India“, an article, published in “The rising Africa: opportunities & challenges for India“. 2015 ISBN- 978-93-5174-945-5 [PDF]
- “The changing role of women in Indian Society: A review“, a paper published in “Contemporary women issues: A reflection“.2015, ISBN-978-99-84679-18-7 [PDF]
- “Socio-Economic Development and Gender Equality“, published in Sancharinee, Women Studies & Welfare Centre, ADP College, Nagaon, Assam 2015, ISSN 2395-4558 [PDF]
- “Civil Society: It’s Role in Resolving Conflicts with special reference to Assam“, published in Creatcrit, 2016, ISSN 2347-8829 [PDF]
- “A Study on the Working of National Human Rights Commission ( With Special Refernece to ASHRC)“, published in “Perspective on Social and Cultural Practices of North-East India“, 2017, ISBN 978-93-84679-73-6 [PDF]