Name : PRABINA SARMAH
Designation : Assistant Professor
Academic Qualification :
M.A. in Assamese (Literature Group) from Gauhati University
M.Phil. from CMJ University
Ph. D. from Gauhati University, 2013
Date of Joining : 3rd August ,1992
Nature of Post : Permanent
Orientation/ Refresher Course attended :
Refresher : 08Nov to 28 Nov, 2004, UGC, ASC, GU
Orientation : 16th Dec. to 12Jan., 2006, UGC, ASC, GU
National Seminar/ Workshop attended:
1) Uttar Bohir Mulayan Aaxowah aru Pratikar
Organized by – L.O.K.D> College, Dhekiajuli 4th / 5th Nov, 2011.
2) Swadhinottor Tinidashakar Tini Upanyashat Asamar Artha Shamajik
Rangapara College, Sonitpur 25th / 26th May, 2011.
3) Rise in Women Trafficking in North – East India.
Women Cell, L.O.K.D. College, 4th/ 5th Feb, 2011.
4) An Evaluation of Bargit as a Classical Music in the context of India. Sankardev’s Literature, Culture and Philosophy. Srimanta Sankardeva Institute Guwahati, Assam. 16/17/ 18 July, 2006.
5) Environmental Pollution, Its Impact on Child Careers.
Pub Kamrup College, Baihata Chariali 30th / 31st December, 2005.
1) Insurgency & the Plight of women as Reflected in Literature, Arts & Cinema.
Organized by – Tangla College Teacher’s Unit, ACTA.
2) Translation in the content of Assamese Literature
Department of Assamese, Gauhati University 7th & 8th February, 2012.
3) The challenge of changing the mindset of the people to Eradicate
Women’s Forum, Jorhat College 25th / 26th May, 2011.
4) Philosophy, Society and values 29th / 30th December, 2010
Biswanath College, Chariali, Sonitpur, Assam.
5) Extremist Activities and violation of Human Right in Assam 29thOctober, 2010 by Rangapara College.
6) Jana Vigyan Mela, 2010 (7th Feb) by Department of Science, Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC) Guwahati and Pub –Kamrup College, Baihata Chariali.
7) Language Culture and Hegemony : Changing dynamics in a globalized world by Research Activity Cell L.O.K.D. College 4th, 5th December, 2006.
8) Dr. P.G. Pandey Memorial Lecture Cum National Seminar on Indian Literature, Culture and National Integration, by Bhasha Sangam, Allahbad Department of Modern Indian Language, G.U. 2nd / 3rd.
9) The Role of comparative study of Language, Literature and Culture in the process of National Intergration by Tezpur college.
1. Biyallisar Swahid Manbar Nath, an article, Jivan Madhuri- Published by Dutta Publications
ISBN – 978-93-81689-20-2.
2. Rise in Women Trafficking in North East India, a paper,Trafficking in woman in and from North-East India. Published by woman cell, L.O.K.D. College, Dhekiajuli,2011.
3. Prantik - 1-15th March, 2012
4. Sadin - 25th Nov.2011
9th Dec, 2011
20th Jan , 2012
17th Feb, 2012
5. Sishur Manasik Bikasat Narir Bhumika, an article, Swornajyoti, Souvenir of Golden Jublee
Orang H.S. School, 2007.
Extension / other services:
Lecturer, Kalaguru Bishnu Rava Junior College; from Jan. 1991 to June 1991
Member, women cell, LOKD College, Dhekiajuli
Member of GB, Sankardeva Shisu Niketan, Dhekiajuli
Part time lecturer, KKHSOU, LOKD College Study Centre
Assistant In-charge, HS IInd year final Examination, LOKD College Examination Centre
Date of Birth : - 29-12-1963
Fathers Name :- Late Rajat Chandra Sarmah
Address :- Harimandir Road, Ward no- 7, Dhekiajuli, 784 110
Sex :- Female
Caste :- General
Contact No :- 9401057396
Joined College: 03-08-1992
Educational: Ph.D, M.A.
Area of Speciallization: Literature