Hari Prasad Baruah
HARI PRASAD BARUAH (Ph. D.)
Department of Assamese
L.O.K.D. College, Dhekiajuli, PIN-784 110
Date of Joining
02-05-2008 (Permanent Post)
Ph. D. from Gauhati University in 2012
M. Phil. from Gauhati University in 2004
M. A. in Assamese (spl: language) from Gauhati University in 2002
NET qualified (conducted by UGC Dec. 2003)
Participated in the 14th Orientation Programme from 2nd May, 2011 to 29th May, 2011 and obtained grade ‘A’; UGC, ASC, NEHU
- Participated in the 14th Refresher Course in Comparetive Literature (ID) from 16th July, 2012 to 05th August, 2012 and obtained Grade ‘A’; UGC, ASC, G.U.
- Participated in the Refresher Course in Assamese from 21st July, 2014 to 10th August, 2014 and obtained Grade ‘A’; UGC, ASC, G.U.
Completed the one week STC on Gender Sensitization & Social Justice from 5th August, 2019 to 9th August, 2019; UGC HRDC, JNU
Participated in the National Level Online Faculty Development Programme (FDP) organized by the School of Management, Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous), Bengaluru between June 17 and 24, 2020
1 Working as a Lecturer in the Dept. of Assamese, L.C. Bharali College, Maligaon, Guwahati, Assam; Session 2005-2006.
2 Working as a part time Lecturer/Counsellor in Assamese, Post Graduate Correspondence School (Now IDOL), Gauhati University, Guwahati, from January 2005 to Jan 2007
3 Working as a Lecturer in the Dept. of Assamese, Goalpara College, Goalpara, Assam; from 28th Feb, 2006 to 31st March 2007 against the post of lien vacancy.
4 Working as an Academic Consultant (Assamese), Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University, Guwahati, Assam, from Aug. 2007 to 1st May 2008.
5 Working as a course editor and unit writer for Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University and IDOL, Gauhati University, Guwahati.
Extension, Co-curricular & field based Activities
1 Coordinator, Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL), Gauhati University, LOKD College Study Centre.
2 Joint Coordinator, Career Counselling Cell, LOKD College.
3 Rover Leader, LOKD College Rover Crew (A Unit of Assam State Bharat Scout and Guides)
4 Member, IQAC, LOKD College.
5 Passed the Basic course for Rover Leaders conducted by State Training Commissioner(S), Assam State Bharat Scout and Guide.
6 Conducted H. S. Final Examination of AHSEC in the year 2014 & 2011 for LOKD College Examination Centre as Assistant In-charge.
7 Teachers In-charge of LOKD College Student Union, Literary Department, 2009-10, 2010-11.
8 Teachers In-charge of LOKD College Student Union, Cultural Department, 2012-13, 2015-16
9 Member, Governing Body, L.O.K.D. College.
Seminar/ Workshop Attended
- Workshop on “Role of Student Support Services in Open and Distance Learning” IDOL,Gauhati University, from 30th &31st March,2014
- Participated in the Guwahati Literary Festival 2014, organized by Publication Board Assam, Government of Assam; from 27-to 29th December, 2014.
- National Seminar on “Empowering Women Workers in North Eastern India ; Challenges of Influx and Exodus” and presented a paper entitled “Economic Development and Women Empowerment” on February 7th and 8th Feb, 2014
- Workshop on “Reading Manuscript of Early Assam” organized by Centre for Assamese Studies, Tezpur University, from 24 July,2013 to 27 July, 2013
- NAAC sponsored National Workshop on “Functioning of IQAC: A post NACC Implementation Approach in Colleges of North East India” organized Goalpara College, Goalpara, on 17th & 18th June, 2012
- International seminar on “Colonial Note from the Continuty of Culture : Emerging Study of Manuscriptology” and Presented a research paper entitled “Conservation of Assamese Manuscript : Problems and Solution”, Organized by Dept. of Bengali, Assam University, Silchar, from 1st to 3rd March, 2012
- “Namghar-Sthapatya aru Binovajeer Prabasan”, an article published in ‘Dekagiri’ the annual youth journal on Sankardeva Movement& Culture 13th Issue, Nov.,2014, pp. 09-11 ISSN-2279-0608
- “Nagen Saikiar Atmajiwani ‘Dhulir Dhemali’ : Eti Bislesan”, a paper published in the research journal Mezangkari,Vol.3 issue1 June,2014, pp. 190-196 ISSN-2278-604X
- “Nagen Saikiar Sutigalpa ‘xi tar xandhanat’ aru ‘bandha kuthat dhumuha’” an article published in the ‘Asomiya Bhasa Sahityar Gati-Prakriti (Ramdhenu Yugar Para Bartamanalaike), First edition, Nov.2012, pp. 105-112 ISBN-978-81-922338-4-0
Joined College: 02-05-2008
Educational: Ph.D, M.Phil, M.A.
Area of Speciallization: Language and Cultural Studies