The department of Assamese (অসমীয়া বিভাগ) is one of the major departments of Lokanayak Omeo Kumar Das College which offers U.G. course (both Honours & General). The department has been striving for literary & cultural preservation through seminars, workshops, popular talks and various activities ever since its inception. The department is fully devoted to the analytical tasks for extensive research and critical acclamation on Assamese literature, language and culture of Assam. Over and above, the faculty engages in the study of inscription of ancient Assam and comparative literature as per the syllabus of Gauhati University.
Academic Calendar 2021-22 download pdf
- Department Library
- One desktop(Computer) with Internet
- Published annual Wall-magazine
- Published departmental Bulletin
- Organized Seminar/Popular Talk
- Educational Tour/Field study
- অসমীয়া সাহিত্য চ’ৰা "Assamese Literary Society".
- Organized National Webinar entitled “Assamese Language and Culture in the Perspective of Solar and Lunar Cult” held on 18th July 2020 Speaker: Prof. Amalendu Chakraborty, Vice-Chancellor, Rabindra Nath Thakur University, Assam.
- Organized National Webinar entitled “Asamiya Bangla aru Udiya Bhsha : Parasparik Samparka Bichar” held on 6th August 2020 Speaker: Prof. Dipti Phukan Patgiri, Professor & Former Head, Department Of Assamese, Gauhati University, Assam.
- Organized National Webinar entitled “Barnabaisamma aru Asamiya Samaj” held on 23rd July 2020 Speaker,: Mayur Borah, Distinguished Writer & Critic, Assam.